Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good Intentions

"...and the pattern will be ready by end of May"  um, yes, well that was my intention.... Solis, the circular shawl I have been working on has taken a bit of a rest, though unintentional. 

I have been working at my "day job" as house organizer, and while that is a very good thing and most enjoyable, it does decrease the hours available for working on any knitting designs.

Solis will be ready when it finally rises to the surface again.  Besides, it is Summer now, and working on a wooly shawl named for the Sun probably is not on the top of your list for light-weight summer knitting.

Meanwhile, I did purchase one skein of gorgeous hand-dyed lace weight yarn from a friend who has a very artistic way with colour.  The skein is called Spring Meadow by Madsen Originals in Caldwell, Idaho. The fiber is merino and silk, and has a delicate and soft hand, so it will drape nicely.


It reminds me of the little violets and Johnny Jump-ups in my Grandmother's garden so many years ago (also in Caldwell). Something very special will be made with this lovely stuff.

Have a good Summer - I'll  be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you get Solis done, and this Merino & Silk will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete