Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Good Day to Create Something New

Today is the twelfth day of the twelfth month of the twelfth year of the "new millenium."  My goodness, that sounds portentious, doesn't it ...or maybe it is just pretentious...but I hope not.

I read a very meaningful quote yesterday, a devotional if you will.  Its meaning for me is in seeking and recognizing one's worth, work, calling.  In part it said,  "....You are walking along the path I have chosen for you. It is both a privileged and perilous way with My glorious Presence and heralding that reality to others.  Sometimes you feel presumptuous to be carrying out such an assignment...but don't worry.  The work I'm doing in you is hidden at first, then eventually blossoms will burst forth, and abundant fruit is borne. "  Thank you to Nancy Alexander for sharing this lovely devotional.

We are all, each one of us "creators" of a sort. We are here in part, to add to the beauty around us, by living our lives from our heart as well as our head; for seeing the Good (God) in every living creature, humans and animals alike; to not take the gift of Life for granted or treat Life with disrespect, our life or the life of another; to be gentle with all life; to become a light instead of part of the darkness.

In this time of Advent, leading up to the great Joy of Christmas, let us take the time to be still, to ponder with wonder the "privileged and perilous way" each of us walks in our lives. 

It is my hope and my intention to offer my interpretations of art and beauty to you, to offer something fun and pleasing, frivolous or useful and even at times challenging.   Knitting patterns are, by their very nature personal and uniquely interpreted by both the designer (me) and by the knitter (you and me.)  Sometimes these interpretations result in very different end products - in this, one is not right and the other wrong, only different interpretations.  Change the color, the yarn (weight, guage, texture), the size, and you will get a new interpretation....many times this can be a good thing.  If you are happy with the result, then it was done right.  If you are not happy with the result....change something.  Remember, there are no Knitting Police and most rules within this artform can be bent or broken....or interpreted.

The point here is.....Enjoy the Process !

No comments:

Post a Comment